Ideas To Save Money On Your Wedding Budget
Best Ideas to Save Money on Your Wedding
More brides and grooms are paying for or contributing to the cost of their wedding than in years past. This has helped fuel the shabby chic, vintage and DIY wedding trends as couples look to create their dream wedding in the most affordable manner possible. So how can you have the wedding you want while sticking to a wedding budget?
These 15 tips can help you get started and create the day you have dreamed of:
- Save money on your wedding and be selective with invitations & ask the right questions. It’s a difficult task to decide makes the guest list…and who doesn’t. With the average wedding reception cost per person of $100, this can be a wedding reception budget saver though. When considering a wedding reception venue, it’s a good idea to ask the guaranteed minimum. The minimum number is the amount of guests you will pay for, even if your wedding guest list is fewer than this number. The minimum number may be negotiable if your wedding reception will be during non-peak dates
- Save money on your wedding and reduce the number of attendants. Each person standing up in your bridal party is a dear friend â€“ and, realistically, an expense. While you may not be paying for their attire, you will purchase their flowers, attendant gift, transportation, their meal and more. Consider limiting your bridal party to siblings and closest friends. This may be a tough task, but you can involve your friends in lots of other ways!
- Bundle services. It can be a huge savings to bundle multiple services with a single company. Simplify where you can! Centerpieces, attendant’s flowers and ceremony decorations with one florist. Invitations, wedding programs, and personalized stationery with one printer. A win for everyone.
- It’s all about appearances & resourcefulness. It is common to have a display cake for the cake cutting ceremony, with one layer for cutting, and a sheet cake in the kitchen for dessert service. You can also display a fine bottle of champagne at the head table, but have a less expensive sparkling wine for the toast…No one will be the wiser.
- In season means in a budget. Choosing flowers that are in season can result in major savings and chances are you can still achieve the beautiful look you are hoping. Instead of telling your florist what bouquet you want, ask for recommendations using less costly blooms for your time of year. You will be sure and get the most bang for your buck. If you want something out of season, ask to use them as accent flowers rather than the primary. The key is choosing wisely!
- Save money on your wedding and choose one location. There are multiple benefits of combining your ceremony and reception location. In addition to the convenience, you can reduce the cost of multiple venues, transportation, and decor. Again, simplifying equals savings.
- Make it twinkle. Candles create a sense of romance, they help set the mood. Whether you use exquisite candelabras for an elegant feeling or simple hurricanes for a rustic reception, candles can be a beautiful and inexpensive way to make a statement.
- Save money on your wedding and personalize the venue. Using photographs from your engagement session or courtship as wedding reception decor accents allows you to tell your story as a couple (and you’ve already paid for them). Select images of your lives separately and together for your welcome table, cake table or centerpieces. You can also share a photo montage with your guests during the cocktail hour or during your first dance. This allows for your guests to enjoy these special moments in your lives & relationship.
- Save money on your wedding and downsize centerpieces. Selecting smaller centerpieces allows your guests to converse easily and pass food items around the table; 14 to 20 inches high is ideal. A smaller arrangement will allow you to save on your floral budget, or add more of an expensive bloom due to the smaller scale. Don’t be scared to dream up something different – you can have a lot of fun in this area.
- Be a DIY bride. Before taking on any DIY projects, you should calculate the cost of materials and time versus hiring a professional to handle the project. You might be surprised. You should also consider how close to your wedding you would have to complete the task. Many brides elect to make and print paper products such as programs and table cards, but leave centerpiece creation to the pros due to timing.
- Hire Professionals. It is sometimes tempting to use a “Friendor” for your wedding, but consider yourself warned. A “Friendor” is a friend who you use for wedding services (friend/vendor). They may or may not perform this service as a career. Sometimes a “Friendor” works perfectly; you get exactly what you wanted for a price you can afford. But other times working with a friendor can cause more stress than it’s worth and put a strain on your friendship. A “Friendor” can also cost you more in the end if they aren’t clear about wedding trends, cost savings opportunities such as in season flowers and lost chances to bundle services for savings. Additionally, if you want professional results, it may be best to use a professional service.
- Double duty decorations. Repurpose the flowers from your ceremony for your wedding reception. Altar arrangements are perfect to flank the head table. Bridesmaids bouquets double as centerpieces for the bridal table when placed in a simple glass vase. Clever, cost-cutting & cute!
- Kids at receptions. If you choose to invite children to your wedding reception, consider asking for budget friendly children’s dinner options such as chicken fingers or sliders. For more tips on kids at your reception, click here.
- Guest favors. Small tokens of appreciation for attending your wedding can add up to big budget busters. Consider making a charitable donation in their honor or a simple favor, such as chocolates. Favors are sneaky budget busters, they can add up quickly! Don’t be scared to try something new & different.
- Save money on your wedding and shorten the cocktail hour. If your timeline allows you to shorten the cocktail hour without negatively affecting your guests, you may be able to negotiate a lower price due to the decreased volume. You can also limit the cocktail options to a signature drink or two requiring fewer liquors.
Save Money on Your Wedding with 3 Steps to Building the Ultimate Wedding Package
1. Pick Your Wedding Photographer(s)
Whether you want ultra-creative or classic photos, our professional wedding photographers can deliver whatever kind of aesthetic you’re looking for. Each photographer offers their own unique professional approach to wedding photography, and you can pick the right one for you. The photography is just the start of the ultimate wedding package.
2. Pick Your Wedding Videographer(s)
One of the biggest regrets we hear from the over 25,000 couples we have served is that they didn’t get a professional wedding video made. Don’t let that be your regret! Like our photographers, our videographers can create cinematic wedding videos that spotlight your love. Whatever you’re looking for, our videographers will deliver a wedding video that you’ll be able to enjoy for years and share with future generations.
3. Pick Your Wedding DJ & MC
In order to capture photos and videos of the touching, hilarious and memorable moments at your wedding reception, you’re going to need the right music at the right time. The final piece of the ultimate wedding package, our DJs will bring your wedding celebration to the next level. Pick the music, don’t pick the music, create a “do not play list”, or give us no list at all, we’ll get to know you and your guests and construct a playlist that fits just right. But our DJs do more than just play songs, they bring energy to your wedding with engaging announcements, introductions and more.
Love Our Latest Reviews
When I first walked into the office I was immediately greeted and felt important. My initial appointment was with Kurt and what was supposed to be 45 minutes turned into almost 2 hours...
Read Full Review
From the time we walked in to the office to the followups by the team, we always felt 100% at ease with Mike Staff and the services we'd receive. The week before the wedding, as promised...
Read Full Review
My husband and I had heard of MikeStaff Productions through our wedding planner. We had looked at their website, watched their DJ videos...
Read Full Review
I originally checked out Mike Staff (DJ Services) because of all the good reviews I saw on The Knot & WeddingWire. I am glad that I can now, too, write a 5-star review for Mike Staff Productions....
Read Full Review
Our main concerns in planning our wedding and deciding on vendors revolved around having a phenomenal DJ and great pictures. We got both! Our DJ, Jon Ray, kept the party going ...
Read Full Review
Mike Staff was the best to work with! We were able to view videos of the DJ's available for our wedding, which was really helpful before making our decision....
Read Full Review