We often wonder how much thought goes into the budgeting of a wedding. Being in the wedding industry for over 20 years, we see weddings where thousands of dollars go into the flowers, decorations, food, and the wedding dress but what about professional wedding videography? (Trust us, you want a video)
These same weddings that had budgets in the tens of thousands of dollars put the video at the end, cutting it if necessary. At your wedding you are creating memories that will be cherished forever. What if you want to look back at that day ten, twenty, even fifty years later? Your memories deserve better. That is why we compiled “8 Reasons To Hire A Professional Videographer.” Keep reading…
- Re-live it. Your day flies by. Even the events that you are fully present for will be a blur after your wedding day is over. Will you remember the look on your fiance’s face when he first saw you at the end of the aisle? Will you recall how his voice cracked with emotion as he said his vows? Can you possibly remember every word of your maid of honor and best man’s toasts? Videography is a living memory of your wedding day.
- You will miss a lot. You can’t be everywhere, yet you don’t want to miss a thing on your wedding day. What will your fiance be doing, thinking & feeling just before you walk down the aisle? What expression did your parents have on their face when they were seated in the church? You’ll probably miss your cocktail hour, what was it like? You spent thousands of dollars decorating your reception room, what did it look like before it opened for guests? What were your friends doing on the dance floor when you were saying goodbye to your guests? The list goes on and on…
- People don’t live forever. You are creating a living family record. In future years, you will be able to look back at those no longer with you, sharing the memories with your children and grandchildren. Hear their voices, see them laugh, watch them alive and happy. This is truly priceless.
- It makes spending all the other money worth it. A well filmed and edited professional wedding video will be a tangible piece of memorabilia that will help you enjoy all of the details of your wedding day over and over again.
- It’s a moving picture with sound. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then video is an encyclopedia! Professional photographs of your wedding day are important and should be included in your budget. However, don’t forget the advantages that video has over a one-dimensional photograph. Even the very best photographer can’t capture the sound of your laugh or your wedding vows. A picture of your best man holding a champagne glass pales in comparison to hearing his toast, don’t you think?
- Quality. Quality. Quality. A professional videographer can provide you with breathtaking, vivid images you can’t reproduce with consumer grade cameras and a willing friend or family member. You have planned for a beautiful day and it should be captured with the same attention to detail. Multiple cameras, operated by experienced professionals, will allow you multiple perspectives of your wedding. You will receive a video that has been professionally edited using your preferences to receive an individualized video that truly reflects you. Your wedding video will be full of stirring, emotional sounds and images of your special day.
- Your kids and Grand-kids will want to watch it and will love it. Suppose you could choose between professional photos of the day your grandparents were married, or a professionally produced video of that same day, in full color, with stereo sound. Which would you choose to view and keep as a family heirloom? Would you rather simply look at pictures or see AND hear your grandparent’s voices and laughter?
- You won’t forgive yourself. Learn from other’s experience. In a recent survey, 98% of newlyweds who did NOT hire a videographer urge brides-to-be to include wedding videography in their wedding plans. Additionally, newlyweds that used both a photographer AND videographer agreed that video does a much better job of…
- Capturing the emotions of the day
- Recording the history of the day
- Creating a visual memory that future generations will enjoy more.
Only a professional videographer can capture the living memories of what you did, what you said and how you felt on your special day. To be confident you have a high-quality record of this once in a lifetime event, you should take great care in selecting your videographer.
Need a professional videographer to capture your wedding memories?