Who doesn’t love 80’s music? This generation gifted us some great songs that you just can’t help but dance to! When planning your wedding music, it is likely that you will be playing at least some 80’s hits (and we don’t blame you). Our Mike Staff DJs put together a playlist with some of the top 80’s songs for your wedding reception.
This playlist has everything from rock to pop to country, a little bit for everyone. You’ll probably find yourself slow dancing to “Faithfully” by Journey, and singing along to “Don’t Stop Believin’” with your bridal party.
Spotify Playlist: The Best 80’s Music For Your Reception
- Walk Like an Egyptian – The Bangles
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Thriller – Michael Jackson
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
- Push It – Salt-N-Pepa
- Welcome To The Jungle – Guns N’ Roses
- Bust A Move – Young MC
- I Love Rock ‘N Roll – Joan Jett
- Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
- We Got The Beat – The Go-Go’s
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Footloose – Kenny Loggins
- Rock With You – Michael Jackson
- Straight Up – Paula Abdul
- Another One Bites The Dust – Queen
- Jessie’s Girl – Rick Springfield
- Love Shack – The B-52’s
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
- Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go – Wham!
- Africa – Toto
- Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
- We Built This City – Starships
- Let’s Hear It For the Boy – Deniece Williams
- It’s Tricky – Run-D.M.C.
- Fight For Your Right – Beastie Boys
- I Think We’re Alone Now – Tiffany
- Faithfully – Journey
- The Final Countdown – Europe
- Take Me Home Tonight – Eddie Money
- Summer of ‘69 – Bryan Adams
- Juke Box Hero – Foreigner
- Walk This Way – Aerosmith
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
- Kickstart My Heart – Motley Crue
- Home Sweet Home – Motley Crue
More Wedding Music Inspiration
Every moment of your wedding day will be remembered, so start thinking about your music now! Check out these playlists to help you plan music for every special moment on your big day.
- Best 90’s Music to Play at Your Wedding
- 45 Songs That Make a Grand Entrance
- 2019 Wedding Songs To Get Your Guests On The Dance Floor
- Top Cake Cutting Songs 2019
- Our Favorite Bouquet Toss Songs 2019
- 15 Movie Songs You’ll Want at Your Wedding
Ready to choose your Award Winning Wedding DJ?
- Coordinates with venue staff / wedding planner before & during the wedding
- Communicates with other vendors
- Keeps evening; dances, speeches, toasts on track
- Backup DJ always on standby in case of emergency
Mike Staff Productions offers the ‘Team Approach’ where we allow you to bundle your Wedding DJ, Photographer and Videographer with one company so you can feel confident your wedding team is working together to provide the best day possible (and save up tp $500)!