Whether you’re working from home or wedding planning, fill your home with some of our wedding DJs favorite songs. We know times are tough, we’re spending a lot of time in our homes and worry fills our hearts more than we’d like. But we’re in this together. Our wedding DJ’s wanted to create a Spotify […]
Only Hire The Best Wedding Photographers – Better Business Bureau Warning!
The Better Business Bureau Warns to Only Use The Top Reputation Wedding Photographers
You’ve heard the stories before about wedding photographers…
- Photographers that go MIA after your wedding
- Photographers that act more like a guest, than a professional
- Photographers that simply don’t listen and leave you with photos you aren’t obsessed with
Well, these scenarios aren’t just ‘stories’, they are reality for so many metro Detroit couples that hire self-employed or independent wedding photographers. In fact, the Better Business Bureau of Western Michigan just issued a warning to brides looking to hire self-employed photographers: do the homework first.
“Cheapest is not always the best,” said Troy Baker, the bureau’s manager of communications.
WMMT News in Kalamazoo learned about Caitlin Looman’s wedding photographer horror story (turned reality) after she paid self employed photographer, Jesse Tanner $650 to shoot video of her wedding on the beach in Holland, Michigan. It was a disaster.
Looman told WMMT, Tanner was late to the wedding and sank his drone in the lake. Then, she said, he never sent the video.
“He came and shot the video. He just won’t send it to us,” Looman said. “Texting, calling, emailing, Facebook, Instagram, and he’s not responding.”
When it comes to choosing wedding photography companies, the BBB recommends getting at least three estimates and hire a professional photographer you can trust.
“Make sure you’re comfortable with the person and don’t just go with the cheapest offer, because there’s usually a reason they’re the lowest priced,” said Baker.
Moral of this horror story, don’t allow someone to hold your wedding memories hostage just because it could save you a couple extra bucks. Ask yourself, what do your wedding photos mean to you?
HURRY! Our 5 Star Wedding Photography Dates Fill Up Fast!
Are You Choosing the Right Wedding Photographer?
Choosing your wedding photographers is just one of many things on your wedding planning to-do list, but it’s also one of the most important! Why? Because your wedding photos are capturing one of the most special moments in your life, something you will have to cherish for years to come.
You have an idea of the style of photos you want and people you absolutely have to have in some of the family shots, but how do you figure out whether your photographer will bring your vision to life? You may not be an expert photographer, but you are willing to pay for one, so here are some tips on how to find a good one!
- CHECK THE REPUTATION OF THE STUDIO. Finding out whether a photography studio has a good reputation is much easier today compared to just five years ago. Search for the company in Google, on Facebook, wedding directory websites and other wedding-related websites to find customer reviews. People often submit a review when they are either extremely happy with a service or angry about their experience. You can check out the reviews on Mike Staff Productions here.
- DOES THE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER LISTEN TO YOU? You should always speak with the studio or photographer prior to your wedding. Blindly contracting someone for services based on images that you see online is a bad idea. It is important to get a feel for the company that you will be working with, understand their process and discuss your vision. Do they tell you what’s going to happen before they hear your thoughts? Do they ask any questions? You will not regret hiring a photographer who will listen to you.
- KNOW WHEN YOU WILL RECEIVE THE PHOTOS. Waiting for your photos for months or even a year is the last thing you want to do after your wedding! Ask exactly when you will receive your photos and look for follow-throughs of this in the reviews you read about the photographer online. Make sure the date of photo delivery is in the contract.
- KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR. The standard of what you receive from your photographer has changed drastically over the years. For example, your photographer may not provide prints. It’s becoming more common to receive the edited digital files of the photos and then handle printing the ones that you like on your own. Discuss this with your photographer and know exactly what you are paying for.
The Mike Staff Productions Guarantee
At Mike Staff Productions, we trust that you’ll choose the perfect person to work with because you know what you want on your wedding day! There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all wedding photographer – we get that, that’s why we invite you to be a part of the process during your appointment.
Choose Your Wedding Photographers
- Watch video profiles of our award-winning Photographers in action.
- Get familiar with their style, artistry, and personality
- View examples of their work
What’s An Appointment at Mike Staff Productions Like?
So glad you asked! You’re not going to feel pressured or even more stressed about the planning process. We simply want you to have FUN and feel confident that you have the best team documenting your wedding day. See for yourself what hanging out at our office is like!
See Why More Than 25,000 Couples LOVE Mike Staff Photography!
We Guarantee Our Services. 25,000 Past Couples Do Too!
MICHIGAN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER PACKAGES START AT $2195
All Michigan wedding photographer packages include:
- YOU CHOOSE your Mike Staff Productions Certiﬁed Wedding Photographer
- High-resolution digital files of all images delivered on a flash drive (including personal copyrights)
- Unlimited locations
- Unlimited images
- All images edited for exposure & color balance
- Guaranteed 30-day turnaround
- Internet upload of all images for review
- Back-up photographers on call for emergencies
- 8 hours of continuous coverage
- Additional hours may be added
Other wedding photography packages available to satisfy all your needs. Be sure to ask how to “Bundle and Save” with our other award-winning services.
Check Out Our Latest Reviews
Do You Want Beautiful Wedding Photos in metro Detroit? Let's Chat!
Here Comes the Blog
Our Real Detroit Wedding: November 20, 2019 Wedding Venue: The Gem Theatre Florist: The Flower Alley Wedding Dress: David’s Bridal Menswear: Men’s Wearhouse Cakes & Sweets: Homemade by Mother of the Bride, Beth Bartek Mike Staff Productions: Wedding DJ, Photography & Videography Our experience with Mike Staff Productions went above and beyond our expectations. Everyone […]
Try not to let a global pandemic steal your wedding planning joy. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by wedding planning during COVID-19, you’re not alone. The coronavirus global pandemic is affecting us all and couples planning their weddings in 2020 and 2021 are faced with unique challenges that are totally unprecedented. Our mission at Mike Staff […]