Our Real Detroit Wedding: September 7, 2019 Wedding Venue: Royal Park Hotel Bakery: The Bakery Decor: Linens and Beyond Florist: Bellisario Florist Wedding Dress: Antonio’s Bridal Mike Staff Productions: Photography & Videography I am so happy we went with Mike Staff! I would definitely recommend them- we enjoyed working with everyone we came in contact […]
Top 20 Questions To Ask Photographers Before Booking
Top 20 Questions To Ask Photographers Before Booking
Top 20 Wedding Photography Questions To Ask Photographers Before Booking
To preserve your wedding memories, it is critical to select the right photographer for your wedding day. While each couple will have their own unique needs, these photography questions are a great starting point as you interview photographers.
WATCH: Facebook Live – How to Book the Right Wedding Vendors
- HOW CAN I VIEW YOUR PORTFOLIO?
- Online galleries are a convenient option but don’t always tell the whole story. If you are considering an album purchase, it is best to view in person so you can inspect the materials and designs.
- WHAT IS YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY STYLE?
- There are several photography styles; traditional, photojournalistic, stylized, and candid. Look for a photographer that offers a blend of these styles to meet your needs. Ask them to define the term to be sure it meets your definition. They should have sample images to support their styles.
- WILL I RECEIVE MY HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGES ON A DVD? DO I OWN THE RIGHTS?
- Make sure that the DVD includes high-resolution images and a personal copyright release. Without one, you can not print your own images!
- HOW MANY PHOTOGRAPHERS WORK WITH YOU?
- Make sure there is enough to guarantee a photographer is “on-call” in the case of an emergency.
- DOES THE PHOTOGRAPHER WORK WITH THE DJ, VIDEOGRAPHER AND HALL MANAGER?
- When the photographer and videographer work together, this will guarantee you the best shots and angles in your photos and videos. Working alongside the DJ also allows your photographer to plan key moments, so all of your memories will be documented.
- ARE WE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT OUR OWN SHOT LIST?
WATCH: Facebook Live – What’s My Wedding Photography Style?
- WHAT ATTIRE WILL YOU WEAR TO THE WEDDING?
- A photographer should be dressed in professional business attire.
- DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN ANY ONLINE WEDDING COMMUNITIES?
- IS THERE SOMEONE TO REPLACE THE PHOTOGRAPHER IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY?
- A reputable photography company will have enough photographers prepared and standing by in case of an emergency.
- WILL YOU BRING BACK-UP CAMERAS AND LENSES?
- Absolutely. A reputable photographer will have back-ups available, so they can capture your memories without any interruptions.
- ARE YOU INSURED?
- Do not hire a company that doesn’t have at least $1,000,000 of coverage.
- WILL WE RECEIVE A PERSONAL CONSULTATION PRIOR TO OUR WEDDING DATE?
- Yes. You should always have the opportunity to speak with your photographer prior to your wedding date. This allows you to discuss your style, photography plan, and any personal preferences for your wedding photos.
- CAN I CONTACT PREVIOUS CLIENTS FOR A REFERENCE?
- No problem. Be aware of photographers that deny the opportunity to speak with previous clients.
- DO YOU ACCEPT MAJOR CREDIT CARDS?
- Yes. This signals a professional & reputable company.
- HOW MUCH DO YOU COST?
- Stay away from “bargain” photographers! Be sure to have all costs clearly defined and understood by both parties.
- HOW MANY HOURS DOES THAT INCLUDE?
- The photographer should offer packages that vary to meet your needs.
- HOW MUCH FOR ADDITIONAL HOURS?
- The rate should be stated on paperwork in advance.
- WILL THE PHOTOGRAPHER REQUIRE A MEAL?
- It is standard to feed the photographer, DJ, and videographer. Venues will usually offer discounted prices for vendors.
- HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY PROOFS?
- Online image proofs and album designs make it convenient for you to view your wedding day images without another time-consuming meeting. Proofs should be available in a short turn around time – such as one month from your wedding date.
- MAY I REVIEW YOUR CONTRACT?
- Never do business with any wedding professionals that does not clearly spell out what you should expect!
We hope you find this article on the best wedding photography questions to ask a wedding photographer. It’s so important to know the answers to these questions with anyone you work with because you will never get your day back. Make sure you preserve it!
HURRY! Our 5 Star Photography Dates Fill Up Fast!
MICHIGAN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY PACKAGES START AT $2195
All Michigan wedding photographer packages include:
- YOU CHOOSE your Mike Staff Productions Certiﬁed Wedding Photographer
- High resolution digital files of all images delivered on flash drive (including personal copyrights)
- Unlimited locations
- Unlimited images
- All images edited for exposure & color balance
- Guaranteed 30 day turnaround
- Internet upload of all images for review
- Back-up photographers on call for emergencies
- 8 hours of continuous coverage
- Additional hours may be added
Other wedding photography packages available to satisfy all your needs. Be sure to ask how to “Bundle and Save” with our other award-winning services.
We Guarantee Our Services. 25,000 Past Couples Do Too!
Check Out Our Latest Reviews
Do You Want Beautiful Wedding Photos in metro Detroit? Let's Chat!
Here Comes the Blog
Congratulations to our very own Mike Staff for being inducted into the Specs Howard Hall of Fame. As Specs Howard School of Media Arts prepares for their 50th Anniversary, they just inducted 50 new members into their Hall of Fame, including our very own Mike Staff. “I’m humbled to be included with such an accomplished […]
Our Real Wedding: September 14, 2019 Venue: Cherry Creek Golf Club Ceremony Venue: St. Therese of Lisieux Parish Bakery: Militello’s Bakery Florist: Viviano Floral Shop Wedding Dress: Becker’s Bridal Tux: Wesner Tuxedo Wedding Band: DTour Band Mike Staff Productions: Wedding Photography and Videography “Everything was amazing! Mark was so helpful with any questions we had […]